Try this homemade fresh peach ice cream during peach season this fall! It’s sweet, peachy, creaminess is hard to resist!!!
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cups Half and Half
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 2/3 Cups Fresh Peach Puree ((about 3 average sized peaches))
- Prepare your ice cream maker for use.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Boil the peaches for about 45 seconds. Remove them from the boiling water and immediately plunge them into ice water. After about 30 seconds the peach skins should rub off easily.
- Slice the skinless peaches in half and remove the pit. Puree the peaches in a blender, food processor or with an emulsion blender with completely smooth. If you end up with a little more than 1 2/3 cups peach puree it’s fine.
- Whisk the peach puree, heavy cream, half & half, sugar vanilla and salt together. You’ll have about 5 cups of liquid ice cream. Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once ice cream has firmed up like soft serve ice cream, transfer it to a bucket or bowl to finish freezing in the freezer. This should take another 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Ice Cream, Peach Ice Cream