If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast of hash browns, eggs, cheese and bacon, then this hash brown breakfast casserole is just what you’re looking for!
- 1 lb . Bacon. chopped in pieces (or 1 lb. ground sausage)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 4 Cups Frozen Shredded Hash Browns (thawed (roughly a 24 oz package))
- 2 1/2 Cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 6 Large Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a frying pan over med-high heat. Crisp the bacon. When the bacon is about half cooked, add the onions to them. Drain the bacon and onions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bacon, onions and the remaining ingredients. Dump into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with a little pepper and bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. When done the top should be a little browned and completely set.
Adapted from: www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/amish-breakfast-casserole
Keywords: hashbrowns, breakfast, egg casserole