What to do with all that leftover holiday ham!?!?! Try this delicious ham and cheese soup! It’s tasty, filling, easy to make!
- 1/2 Cup chopped Onion
- 1 Cup sliced or diced Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/8 Cup Flour
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cup small cubed Potatoes
- 2 Cups cubed Ham
- 1 (15.25 oz) Can of Corn Kernels
- 8 oz. Velveeta Cheese
- Slice, dice, chop up and gather all your ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Once sizzling and the carrots and onions. Saute’ just until the onions start to look translucent.
- Stir in the flour making a pasty mixture. Add the chicken broth a little at a time, stirring with each addition until all the broth has been added.
- Add the potatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the ham, corn and velveeta.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the ham is heated through and the velveeta is melted and completely blended in.
This soup is excellent made fresh but even better the second day making this an ideal make ahead meal. Once the soup is finished cooking cover and pop it in the fridge to reheat the next day!
Keywords: leftover ham, ham and cheese, soup