Not sure what to do with all that leftover ham? This cheesy ham and potato soup will become your new go to ham soup recipe! Ready in 30 minutes or less, this hearty soup is just as easy as it is quick!
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup sliced or diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/8 cup Flour
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cup small cubed Potatoes
- 2 cups cubed Ham
- 1 (15.25 oz) Can of Corn Kernels, drained
- 8 oz. Velveeta Cheese
- Slice, dice, chop up and gather all your ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Once sizzling and the carrots and onions. Saute' just until the onions start to look translucent.
- Stir in the flour making a pasty mixture. Add the chicken broth a little at a time, stirring with each addition until all the broth has been added.
- Add the potatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the ham, corn (drained) and velveeta.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the ham is heated through and the velveeta is melted and completely blended in.
- You can substitute 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese for the Velveeta. Start with 1 cup and add more to your taste.
- Ham cubes work just as well for this soup.
- This soup is excellent made fresh but even better the second day making this an ideal make ahead meal. Once the soup is finished cooking cover and pop it in the fridge to reheat the next day!
Keywords: ham and cheese soup, cheesy ham and potato soup, leftover ham, ham soup