Busy weeknights call for easy recipes that please the whole family! This easy ground beef stroganoff recipe is full of delicious flavor and made from simple ingredients! The best part is you can make it ahead of time so you just have to heat it up later if you need!
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 8 oz Sliced or whole Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 cup Whole Milk (slightly warmed)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 cups Medium Egg Noodles ((not extra wide eggs noodles))
- Wash your mushrooms before slicing to remove any dirt that may be stuck to them.
- Chop up the onion.
- Melt the butter to sizzling over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and onions.
- Once the onions start to look translucent and the mushrooms begin to soften, stir in the flour to make a paste.
- Add the 2 1/2 cups of beef broth a little bit at a time stirring between each addition.
- Add the salt and simmer until mushrooms are soft and the mixture has thickened.
- NOTE - This next step is optional! My kids won't touch this if they can tell mushrooms are in it so I blend it up and tell a fib or two. If you want the mushrooms to remain in pieces skip the blending step.
- Blend the mushroom mixture in a food processor or bullet blender until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brown the ground beef.
- Drain the excess grease and add the ground beef to the mushroom mixture or vice versa.
- Whisk the sour cream and 1/2 cup whole milk at first, into the beef and creamy sauce, to avoid having too much liquid. If there's not enough liquid you can add another 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat and cook the egg noodles al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the beef and mushroom sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with extra sour cream or a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- OR spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the ground beef stroganoff into the baking dish.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and put in the fridge to cook later.
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes to heat all the way through. Stir before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- You may need to add more salt depending on which beef broth you use. Salt the finished dish to taste before serving.
Keywords: easy ground beef stroganoff, best ground beef stroganoff