Looking for a last minute St. Patrick’s day dessert? Try these gold coin butter cookies! They are easy, sweet and just might bring you good luck!
- 1 Cup Butter (no subs) (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- Gold Sanding Sugar
- Gold Sugar Crystals
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar. Add the egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, and flour, Cover and refridgate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop the dough out by 1/2 tablespoonfuls. If you are not using a scooper you may need to roll the dough into balls. The dough balls should be about the size of a gumball.
- (If you are planning to scoop out all the dough into balls before rolling them through the sanding sugar, you will need to cover the balls with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out before you get to rolling them.)
- Roll the balls of dough through the gold sanding sugar and coat them completely. Place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Slightly flatten each ball with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Sprinkle the flattened tops with gold sugar crystals and press them slightly into the dough to help them stick.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool completely. Enjoy!
You can buy gold sanding sugar and gold sugar crystals at cooking specialty stores and some craft stores.
Keywords: Cookies, Saint Patrick's Day