Have you ever wondered how you add flavor to dinner rolls? How about savory flavor! These Garlic Butter Herb Rolls will be your new favorite!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tbs . Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Tbs . Sugar
- 4 Tbs . Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs . Italian Seasoning Blend
- 3-4 Cups Flour
- Garlic Butter for Tops:
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and become foamy.
- Add the butter, salt, italian seasoning and 3 cups of the flour. Mix well.
- You may not need the entire 4th cup of flour so add it a 1/4 cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixer bowl, but is still a little sticky. Or if making by hand, add a 1/4 cup of flour to the dough until the dough is still soft and only slightly sticky to the touch.
- Knead 5 minutes by hand, or 3 minutes at medium speed in a mixer.
- Cover the bowl with a clean dish towel, set in a warm, draft free place and let rise until doubled. This should take only 20 minutes. 30 at most.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a small rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 15 equal sized pieces.
- Form each piece into a ball and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled. This should only take about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the garlic butter by melting the butter and stirring in the salt and garlic powder.
- Once done, let the rolls cool 5 minutes and then lightly brush the roll tops with the garlic butter mix.
Keywords: dinner rolls, breads, thanksgiving