My Garden Vegetable Chicken Soup will make good use of those fresh garden veggies not to mention is the best chicken vegetable soup recipe you’ll ever try!
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup sliced Celery
- 1/2 Cup sliced Carrots
- 1 Cup sliced and halved Yellow Squash
- 1 Cup sliced and halved Zucchini
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups pre-cooked and cubed Chicken
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Melt the butter in a pot. When sizzling add the garlic, onions, celery, carrots, yellow squash and zucchini. Lightly saute’.
- Pour the chicken broth over the lightly sauteed vegetables.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Simmer until the veggies are cooked through. (about 15-20 minutes)
- Add the italian seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
I do recommend using a good quality chicken broth. Either premade or use a chicken base instead of bouillon granules or cubes.
Keywords: chicken soup, vegetable soup, zucchini