Need a salad to share at a potluck or neighborhood barbecue? This Frog Eye Salad is a classic fruit pasta salad that is so easy and just as delicious!
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. Flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 (8 oz) Cans of Pineapple Tidbits, undrained
- 1 (11 oz) Can of Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 Egg, beaten well
- 2/3 Cup uncooked Acini De Pepe
- 1 Cup Whipped Topping
- 1 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 small Jar Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Drain the pineapple tidbits reserving the pineapple juice. You should get 1/2 cup juice.
- In a small pot or saucepan, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Whisk in the 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice and well beaten egg.
- Over medium heat while whisk constantly bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once it thickens remove it from the heat to cool to room temperature.
- In a new pot, cook the acini de pepe according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Dump the cooked acini de pepe in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the pineapple curd and whipped topping
- Fold in the pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, mini marshmallows, and flaked coconut. If you choose you can chop up the maraschino cherries and mix them in as well.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Top with maraschino cherries for garnish if desired.
Keywords: pasta salad, fruit salad, frog eye salad, side salad