Too much zucchini? Try some crispy fried zucchini! These buttery, lightly salted pan fried zucchini slices are absolutely addictive!
- slices Zucchini
- Saltine Crackers
- Olive Oil
- I have not listed specific measurements for this recipe because how much you will use really depends on how much fried zucchini you want.
- Start by finely crushing some saltine crackers and pouring them into a shallow dish.
- Then crack one or two eggs in another small bowl and whisk them up.
- Slice up your zucchini into somewhat thin slices.
- Dip the zucchini slices in eggs, then put them in the crushed saltines. Press the crackers crumbs onto each side of the zucchini slice. Place prepared zucchini on a plate.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium low heat. Melt about 2 Tbs of butter and 2 Tbs. olive oil in the pan. When the butter/oil starts to sizzle put enough of the prepared zucchini slices in the pan to cover the bottom.
- When the bottoms are golden, flip the zucchini to fry the other side. If you need to add more butter and oil to the pan then do so.
- Once the other side of the zucchini is golden, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel topped plate. Serve or make more.
- If you are going to make additional batches of zucchini you will need to wipe out your frying pan really well before starting the next batch.
Keywords: Zucchini, fried zucchini, crispy fried zucchini