You can never have too many zucchini recipes! Especially during the summer when you have too much zucchini! These buttery, lightly salted pan fried zucchini crisps are absolutely addictive!
- Fresh Zucchini
- Saltine Crackers
- Olive Oil
- Begin by slicing a zucchini into thin slices.
- Line the slices up in a single layer on a cutting board and lightly sprinkle with salt. This will pull the extra moisture out while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a gallon size bag crush the saltine crackers into crumbs that are not fine crumbs but small crumbs.
- Crack a couple eggs into a small bowl and whisk them well.
- Heat a frying pan to medium low to medium heat.
- While the pan is heating pat the zucchini dry with a paper towel pressing down on the slices to squeeze out extra moisture.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Dip the sliced zucchini in the egg mixture first then the cracker crumbs.
- Add in a single layer to the frying pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip them over and cook the other side.
- Remove the crispy chips from the frying pan and place them on a plated lined with paper towels!
- TIP - For a little something extra sprinkle the hot tops with a little parmesan cheese!
- Carefully wipe out the frying pan, add more butter and olive oil to your frying pan and repeat.
Keywords: Zucchini, fried zucchini, zucchini chips