Dripping with butter and honey or sprinkled with powdered sugar, scones are simple, quick and impossible to resist!
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbs . Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Warm Milk
- Oil for frying
- Start by heating up the oil of your choice in a deep pan.(affiliate link) It will need to be about 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, (affiliate link) whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the warm milk.
- Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Dump the sticky dough onto a surface (affiliate link) heavily sprinkled with flour.
- Knead the dough a few times adding a bit of flour until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Roll the dough out to between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into rectangle shaped pieces. You should get roughly 12 scones.
- Carefully fry the scones in the hot oil until golden on each side.
- Serve with butter, honey, syrup, jam, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.