Start your day with these scrumptious fresh peach muffins. You’ll love their tender peach filled insides and crumb topped outside! Truly irresistible!
- 10 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Sliced and diced Peaches ((about 3 medium peaches))
Brown Sugar Crumb Topping
- 6 Tbs. Butter, chilled
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- Prepare the peaches by bringing a small pot of water to a boil. Boil the peaches for 45 seconds. Then remove them from the boiling water and submerge them in ice water. After 1 or 2 minutes take them out of the ice water and the skins should peel right off with a little gentle rubbing. Slice and dice peaches to get 2 cups of peaches.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Beat in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the sour cream and milk in a measuring cup to add alternately with the flour.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 the sour cream/milk, another 1/3 of the flour and last 1/2 of the sour cream/milk. Fold in the peaches with the last of the flour. Divide the batter up among 24 muffin cups.
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a fork, stir the brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon together. Cut in the butter until well combined and crumbly. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
Keywords: peach muffins, muffins, breakfast