No one can resist a stack of hot pancakes and this recipe is the best when it comes to homemade, from scratch, fluffy ones! 8 simple ingredients and 10-15 minutes to be devouring this hot breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat an electric griddle to about 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together.
- Add the oil, egg, and buttermilk to the dry ingredients. Stir just until all the flour is mixed in. Over mixing the batter will take the fluffiness out of your pancakes.
- Let the batter stand for 3 to 5 minutes allowing the baking soda to react with the buttermilk causing your batter to become "fluffy".
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup for eight, 4 to 5 inch pancakes or a 1/3 cup for six, 6 to 7 inch pancakes, pour circles of batter onto the electric griddle.
- When the pancakes are golden on the bottom and little bubbles begin to appear on the top of the pancake, flip them over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite syrup!
Keywords: best buttermilk pancakes, fluffy buttermilk pancakes, easy buttermilk pancakes