Looking for a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes the perfect cookie with chewy centers will a little bit crisp outside? Look no further! This easy recipe is one I've used for decades! It makes the best cookies every single time!
- 1 cup Butter Flavored Shortening (do not sub. butter or margarine)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray your baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter flavored shortening and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in half the flour, then the chocolate chips, then the last of the flour.
- Scoop the dough out by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- The cookies will look puffy and slightly browned around the bottom edges.
- Many of you may be tempted to substitute butter or margarine for the butter flavored shortening. I strongly advise you not to do that. The shortenings purpose is to give these cookies a little bit crispy outside and a soft inside that you won't get with butter. Also if you sub in butter these cookies will spread out super thin and the taste will be noticeably different that it should be. You MUST also use butter flavored shortening, not regular shortening.
Keywords: best chocolate chip, soft chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies