Favorite almond sugar cookies are truly my favorite! These easy roll out sugar cookies are delicious frosting or topped with sprinkles!
- 2 Cups Butter (room temp.)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 5 Cups Flour
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Stir in the flour. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets by either lining them with parchment paper or spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the cookie dough out on a floured surface. The dough may be a little sticky at first, just sprinkle the top of the dough so the rolling pin doesn’t stick. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out in desired shapes. If you are going to sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar instead of frosting, do so before baking.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Larger cookies may take longer. The cookies shouldn’t brown except for on the very bottom edges very lightly. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
These sugar cookies are delicious the first day, but are absolutely perfect after sitting overnight.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies