This faux mud pie is all about kids! It’s not glamorous, but it is messy fun complete with “worms”, “sticks” and “rocks” made of chocolate!
- 2 Premade Oreo Pie Crusts
- 1 Small (3.4 oz.) box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Milk
- 15 Oreos
- 1 Small (8 oz.) Tub of Cool Whip
- 2 Small Bags of Gummy Worms
- 2 Tubes of Choco-Rocks (see note at end)
- A handful of Pretzel Sticks
- Whisk together the cold milk and pudding mix. Set aside.
- Crush the oreos into fine crumbs.
- Fold the oreo crumbs and cool whip into the chocolate pudding to make your mud.
- Fold some choco rocks and gummy worms into the “mud”. You may want to cut up the worms into halves or thirds and save some full size ones for the top garnish.
- Divide your mud pie mixture between 2 premade oreo crusts.
- Garnish the tops with some more rock and worms.
- Chill your mud pies for a couple hours.
- Poke pretzel sticks around in your mud pies just before serving.
I bought my tubes of Choco Rocks at Hobby Lobby by the construction themed party stuff. Coarsely chopped silver sixlets would work too!
Keywords: mud pie, chocolate pie, halloween, thanksgiving