Looking for a unique cookie recipe for Halloween? These yummy mummies are homemade using the best soft sugar cookie recipe tinted green for a spooky glow and wrapped in white buttercream "bandages"! Let your kids take over cutting out and decorating these Halloween sugar cookies!
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add enough avocado food coloring to make it the shade you want.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets by either lining them with parchment paper or spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the cookie dough out on a floured surface. The dough may be a little sticky at first, just sprinkle the top of the dough so the rolling pin doesn't stick.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thick and cut out into gingerbread man shapes.
- Place the cut outs on the prepared baking sheet and push their legs together tapping the leg seams together slightly.
- Press 2 mini M&Ms on each cookie for eyes.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. The cookies shouldn't brown except for on the very bottom edges very lightly.
- Cool cookies completely before frosting.
- Using a #47 tip, pipe the white buttercream frosting using back and forth motions onto the mummies.
- Once the frosting is set up, store between layers of wax paper in an airtight container.
- I like to make these at least a day ahead and let them sit overnight to also the frosting to soften the cookies to perfection.
Keywords: decorating Halloween Sugar cookies, yummy mummy cookies, mummy sugar cookies, mummy dessert, unique cookie recipes for halloween