Tender chicken breasts marinated and topped with slices of ham and melted cheese make up one of my favorite chicken recipes! Unlike a classic chicken cordon bleu recipe this one is super simple with just 5 ingredients! Definitely an easy recipe for beginners!
- 6-8 Chicken Breasts cut in half OR 12-14 Chicken Tenderloin Strips
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 cup Italian Dressing (I use the Olive Garden brand)
- 6-8 slices Thin of Deli Ham
- 6-8 slices Swiss Cheese
- Place chicken pieces in a large ziploc bag.
- Add the mayo and Italian dressing to the bag. Squish around until is mixed together well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken from the marinade and place each chicken piece on the baking sheet leaving a little space between each one.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake chicken breasts for about 50 minutes (juices should run clear, internal temp should be 165) OR bake the chicken tenderloins for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Top each piece with ham slices then swiss slices.
- Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: easy chicken cordon bleu recipe, chicken cordon bleu