Sheet cakes are great desserts! They travel well. They're easy to serve. And there are plenty of pieces for everyone! This moist carrot cake recipe is very easy, made with either pureed carrots or baby food and can be ready in as little as an hour!
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cups Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Pureed Carrots OR 3 (4 oz) containers of Baby Food Carrots
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese, room temp.
- 6 Tbs. Butter, room temp.
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they are well beaten.
- Add the sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and flour. Mix just until combined.
- Stir in the pureed or baby food carrots and mix well.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Frost the completely cooled carrot cake.
- Store in the fridge.
- To make pureed carrots, steam approximately 3 cups of diced carrots. Puree them in a blender or food processor adding just enough water to make them a baby food consistency.
- For a quick alternative to steaming and pureeing your own carrots, substitute 3 (4 oz) containers of baby food carrots. Trust me it's exactly the same thing and nobody will ever know you used baby food.
- Sheet cakes are meant to be simple so when it comes to decorating them I like to keep it simple. Run a cake comb over the top of the frosting for decorative ridges or add fun sprinkles like autumn leaves or Easter carrot sprinkles!
Keywords: easy carrot cake recipe, carrot sheet cake, moist carrot cake, carrot cake with no pineapple, carrot cake sheet cake