Can you smell fall in the air? A cool fall day begs for the flavors of spicy sweet apple cider to meet you at the breakfast table. This easy syrup needs just 4 ingredients and takes under 10 minutes to make! Drizzle it over a stack of your favorite pancakes or stir it into your morning coffee!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Apple Cider (not apple juice)
- 3/4 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- On the stovetop in a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup, apple cider, and apple pie spice to a boil.
- WATCH THE POT!!! You will need to stir this syrup constantly because non-concentrate apple cider boils up and will boil over.
- Boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly!
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving!
- Store in a mason jar.
- WATCH THE POT! I know, they say a watched pot never boils, but trust me, you're going to want to watch this one. Apple cider not from a concentrate boils up and if you are not watching it will happen faster than you think and boil over. Boiled over hot syrup is truly an awesome mess. So WATCH THE POT!!!
- Nutritional Disclaimer
Keywords: apple cider syrup recipe, boiled cider, apple simple syrup, apple cider simple syrup