This easy recipe has it all! It's an easy meal! It's a healthy soup! It's a kid-friendly soup! The best part is this hot soup brings back nostalgia from your childhood! This delicious alphabet soup is a personal favorite for a rainy day or a healthy lunch!
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth (read notes about broth in post)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 12 oz. package Frozen Mixed Vegetables ((carrots, corn, green beans, peas))
- 1 cup small cubed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Alphabet Pasta ((trust me this will be enough))
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Pour vegetable broth in a soup pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the peeled and diced potatoes.
- Simmer until the potatoes are all the way cooked through.
- IMPORTANT for BEST RESULTS - if you add the tomatoes before the potatoes are cooked completely the acid in the tomatoes will stop the potatoes from cooking and turn them hard!
- Add the frozen veggies and cook until thawed and heated through.
- Add the diced tomatoes and alphabet pasta.
- Add the onion and garlic powder.
- Once the pasta is cooked though remove from the heat, cool slightly and serve!
- Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge!
- DO NOT add the diced tomatoes before the potatoes are completely cooked! The acidity level of tomatoes will prevent potatoes from softening.
Keywords: easy abc soup, abc soup, abc soup recipe, alphabet soup, campbell's alphabet soup, alphabet vegetable soup