How much fun are alphabet letters in your soup! This recipe is so much better than what you get out of a can! Just 7 ingredients, ready in less than 30 minutes, super easy, and guess what, it's healthy too!
- Pour vegetable broth in a pot.
- Add the peeled and diced potatoes.
- Simmer until the potatoes are all the way cooked through.
- IMPORTANT - if you add the tomatoes before the potatoes are cooked completely the acid in the tomatoes will stop the potatoes from cooking and turn them hard!
- Add the frozen vegies and cook until thawed and heated through.
- Add the diced tomatoes and alphabet pasta.
- Add the onion and garlic powder.
- Once the pasta is cooked though remove from the heat, cool slightly and serve!
- DO NOT add the diced tomatoes before the potatoes are completely cooked! The acidity level of tomatoes will prevent potatoes from softening.
- - I like the corn, carrot, green bean blend, but you can use any one you prefer!
- Diced Tomatoes - for a spicy kick use the diced tomatoes with diced green chilies.
- ABC pasta - you can find it in most grocery stores. If you're having a hard time locating it I've found it in the Mexican food section if it's not anywhere else.
- Vegetable Broth - you can buy this pre-mixed and packaged or you can get a vegetable bouillon (which is my preference) and mix up your own.
Keywords: alphabet soup, campbell's alphabet soup, abc soup, alphabet vegetable soup