This double chocolate quick bread not only uses up that extra garden zucchini, it's made with half the sugar other recipes call for and without canola oil for a healthier loaf. It only takes 10 minutes and one bowl to mix up, from scratch, a loaf of this moist bread. You can even make muffins instead!
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups grated Zucchini
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs on it.
- Let cool 20 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely, slice and enjoy!
- Please note this is a very thick batter. That's how it's supposed to be. Don't add more liquid.
- butyric acid - the chemical that gives vomit its very distinctive smell and acrid taste. So ya...that's a pass for me. - Most brands are fine however, I DO NOT recommend using Hershey's brand cocoa because to me it has a bitter, throw up taste. That's because some companies such as Hershey's puts its milk through a process called controlled lipolysis. This breaks down the fatty acids in the milk and produces
- Chocolate Chips - Both milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips work fine. Even mini chocolate chips are fine. It really comes down to whether you want more of a dark chocolate taste to your zucchini bread or not.
- Dark Chocolate Variation - Use special dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate or black cocoa powder in place of regular chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
Keywords: death by chocolate zucchini bread, double chocolate zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini loaf