Chocoholics beware! This Death by Chocolate Cake recipe is the only one you will ever need! Why, you ask? Try it and find out!
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder (preferably Ghirardelli)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two 9 inch cake pans by greasing and flouring them or by lining the with parchment paper and spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the 1 cup of boiling water and set it aside for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, canola oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- With the mixer or beaters running pour the boiling water into the batter in a small steady stream. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans. They will be quite full.
- Bake your chocolate cakes at 350 for 27-30 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist sticky crumbs, not clean.
- Cool on wire racks for a half hour, then turn out of the pans to finish cooling.
- Frost with my Rich Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Keywords: chocolate cake