Warm up with this creamy chicken noodle soup with egg noodles! It’s easy, full of chicken and vegetables has a light cheesy flavor.
- 1 Cup diced, Carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped, Celery
- 1/2 Cup chopped, Onion
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/8 Cup Flour
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups small cubed Potatoes
- 2 Cups chopped cooked Chicken
- 6 to 8 oz., cubed Queso Blanco Velveeta
- 1 1/2 Cups uncooked Medium Egg Noodles
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Saute the carrots, celery and onions in the butter until slightly soft.
- Stir in the flour. Mix until smooth. Add the chicken broth a little at a time until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until cooked through. While the potatoes are simmering heat until some water in a different pot to cook the egg noodles.
- Add the chicken.
- Add the queso blanco Velveeta. Start with the 6 oz. and add the other to 2 oz. if you want a bit stronger cheese flavor.
- While the velveeta in melting into the soup. Boil the medium egg noodles in a separate pot until al dente. Drain and add to the soup.
- Serve with bread or saltines.
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, soup