What better to drizzle over pumpkin pancakes or red velvet pancakes with than a syrup that tastes like cheesecake! This easy recipe has few ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a deep pot over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and buttermilk.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minutes.
- In a deep bowl or 4 cup measuring cup, beat the hot syrup into the cream cheese until completely smooth.
- Pour back into the pot.
- Whisk in the vanilla and baking soda.
- The syrup will foam up a lot and become very fluffy.
- Store this syrup in the fridge for up to a week.
- This syrup will separate in the fridge. Heat bits at a time in the microwave and stir to redistribute the syrup.
- Reheated syrup won't be fluffy again but tastes just as amazing!
Keywords: cream cheese syrup, cream cheese sauce, cheesecake