Make this easy restaurant quality Broccoli Cheese Soup in your own kitchen! Includes my #1 soup making tip that takes soup to the next level!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup chopped (Onion)
- 1 lb . Broccoli Florets (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 2 Cups Half and Half (slightly warmed)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Once it’s sizzling add the onion and broccoli. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions start to look translucent and the broccoli is just slightly cooked.
- Add the flour. Stir until no white steaks remain.
- Add the chicken broth a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. Once all the chicken broth is added, cook at a low boil until the broccoli is tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the soup pot.
- Add the velveeta to the soup and whisk until melted over low heat.
- Add the slightly warmed half and half, salt, and white pepper. Heat soup until it is hot, but not boiling. (If you bring the soup back to a boil after the half and half has been added, it will break and be grainy.) Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Broccoli soup, cheese soup, cream soup