Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
Cranberry orange muffins may be my new favorite. They’re quick and easy with each bite is bursting with an orange flavor and taste bud tingling tartness!
- Author: Mindee's Cooking Obsession
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 18 Muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- One 8oz. Bag of Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Orange Extract
- 2 Tbs. freshly grated Orange Zest
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Chop up the cranberries and set aside. An 8 oz bag of cranberries with give you roughly a heaping two cups of cranberries.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the egg, orange extract and orange zest.
- Add the salt, and baking powder.
- In a small measuring cup whisk together the sour cream and milk.
- Starting and ending with flour add the sour cream milk mixture alternately with the flour folding in the last addition of flour with the cranberries by hand.
- Divide the batter amongst the 18 muffin cups. Yes, they will be pretty full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Store cooled muffins in a loosely covered container.
Keywords: cranberry orange muffins