These melt in your mouth copycat pecan sandies are to die for! Their crispy, nutty flavor will leave you begging for more!
- 12 Tbs Butter (no substitutes) (softened)
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pecan Cookies Pieces (divided) (see note)
- 2 cups Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the pecans and pulse them in a food processor until they are finely ground. Be careful not to process them into nut butter though. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, vegetable oil, and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup ground pecans and the remaining 1/2 cup pecan pieces.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Scoop the dough out onto the prepared baking sheets by the tablespoonful. Slightly flatten each ball of dough. I use the lightly floured bottom of a juice glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. The bottom edges should be lightly browned. Cool and eat!
Pecan chips will work fine, but you will need to chop them up finer.
Keywords: copycat pecan sandies, pecan cookies, cookies