Little Caesar's Italian Cheese Bread is one of our favorites! This is my copycat version of it! Made from scratch and ready in under an hour! This cheesy garlic bread will have you ditching the take out and making it yourself!
- 1 package (2 1/4 tsp) Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups of pre-shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning blend
- Dissolve the yeast with the warm water and sugar in your mixing bowl. Let stand to activate for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- Mix together and knead until a sticky dough forms. It will be a softer dough and won't come together in a firm ball. Add more flour if you need.
- Cover the dough and let rise until doubled, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly press the risen dough into the prepared baking dish and cover to let rise for 10-15 minutes while your oven preheats.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Once your oven is preheated sprinkle the 2 cups of italian cheese blend evenly over the dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. The cheese will be mostly golden brown.
- Melt the butter and brush it across the top of the hot cheese bread.
- Sprinkle garlic salt across the top. We like a generous amount.
- Sprinkle the italian seasoning across the top.
- Lift the hot cheese bread out of the baking dish and place it on a cutting board.
- Slice into 12 pieces with a pizza cutter.
- You might think there isn't enough dough to cover the bottom of the pan but yes, trust me, there is enough dough. When pressed out into the bottom of the baking dish it's only 1/4-1/2 inch thick. About the same as when you roll out cookie dough.
Keywords: Copycat Little Caesar's Italian Cheese Bread, Italian Cheese Bread, Cheese Bread, Breadsticks