German chocolate cake isn’t german chocolate cake without coconut pecan frosting. You’ll love how easy it is to make it from scratch!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup Pecan Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spread the pecan chips across it. Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, bring the butter, evaporated milk and sugar to a simmer. While that is heating, whisk the eggs well in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- When the butter, milk and sugar begin to simmer, remove it from the heat. Pour it in a trickle into the eggs while whisking vigorously until all the liquid has been added. Pour the mixture back into the pot and return it to the stovetop.
- Over medium heat, while continuing to stir, bring the mixture back to a low simmer. Cook until it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans. Cool completely before frosting you cake.
Keywords: german chocolate frosting, coconut pecan frosting