No Peanut Butter! No Coconut! Just moist chocolate no bake cookies to help you beat the summer heat! These cookies will disappear as fast as you make them!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 Stick)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs. +1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 cups quick cooking Oatmeal
- Measure the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk into a medium saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Stir in the oatmeal and let the cookie mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on the countertop.
- Scoop the no bake cookie batter onto the wax paper to set up and cool.
- Cool completely and eat!
- Store in an airtight container.
- Why Olive Oil? The moistness of regular no bake cookies comes from the natural nut oil in the peanut butter. For these cookies to be moist we need to substitute something for that nut oil. So we use olive oil in place of peanut butter.
Keywords: chocolate no bake cookies, chocolate no bake cookies without peanut butter, no bake chocolate cookies without peanut butter