Have you ever wondered what's in those ritz cracker cookies? You know the chocolate ones with the peanut butter? Many are surprised at how easy they are and, yup, just 3 ingredients! They make a simple holiday treat or the perfect sneaky treat to keep in the freezer for a midnight snack!
- 2 1/2 Sleeves Butter Ritz Crackers
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 of a (24 oz)package Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1/3 cup each Red and Green Candy Melts ((optional))
- Pour the dark chocolate and the milk chocolate into a melting pot and turn on to melt the chocolate while you prepare the crackers.
- Next make the peanut butter crackers peanut butter sandwich style.
- Spread a generous amount of creamy peanut butter on one cracker and place another cracker on the top of the peanut butter.
- Place each sandwich cookie on a small cookie sheet. Stacking them up is fine.
- Put the ritz cracker sandwiches in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before dipping them in the melted chocolate.
- For easy dipping I use a sturdy plastic fork and break out the center prongs.
- Dip each peanut butter ritz in the melted chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place the dipped crackers on a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper to cool and harden.
- If you want a more festive look then melt some red and/or green candy melts and drizzle them over the cooled chocolate dipped peanut butter ritz.
- White chocolate could be drizzled in place of colored candy melts.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, in the fridge or in the freezer. Any way you choose is fine!
- These freeze extremely well and keep in the freezer for several months.
Keywords: chocolate covered ritz crackers, ritz crackers peanut butter, chocolate dipped ritz, chocolate covered ritz, ritz cracker cookies