Have you tried these deeply chocolatey cookies? They're like a brownie in the shape of a cookie with a powdered sugar crackle or crinkle top. While these are a popular Christmas cookie, they are easy enough to make anytime of year!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 8 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Measure the sugar and cocoa into a large mixing bowl, whisking to mix.
- Add the butter and olive oil.
- Cream for 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, salt and flour.
- The dough should be really gooey. Resist the urge to add more flour!!!
- Put the dough in the fridge and chill for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking sheets with non stick cooking spray or line them with parchment.
- Dump the powdered sugar in a shallow dish like a pie plate.
- Scoop the cold dough out into portions that are about 1 & 1/2 Tbs. A #40 cookie scoop works best for this.
- Roll each chocolate dough ball through the powdered sugar coating them well. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- I recommend keeping the dough in the fridge in between batches. This cookie dough is much easier to work with when it is cold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Eat warm or cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: chocolate crackle cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, Christmas crinkle cookies, Chocolate whippersnaps