Chicken and rice casserole is an easy, can be made ahead dinner. Topped with crunchy rice noodles this is delicious for kids and adults alike!
- 1 cup Uncooked White Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups Fully Cooked Chopped Up Chicken
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Minced Onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 2-3 Cans Rice Noodles
- Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the rice in the water according to package instructions or in a rice cooker.
- Mix the cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, and chicken noodle soup well.
- Mix in the chicken.
- Lightly saute the mushrooms, onions and green peppers in the butter. Then mix them into the rice and chicken mixture.
- Dump the chicken and rice mixture into the prepared baking pan. Either cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake or go ahead and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with rice noodles.
Using low sodium soups in the recipe will result in a bland flavor.
Keywords: Chicken rice casserole