You've had cordon bleu casseroles, sandwiches or just baked styles, but have you had it as a soup? Chicken, ham, and mushrooms in a swiss Dijon broth that is surprisingly delicious makes this a recipe you can't pass up!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup minced Onions
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 (8 oz) packaged, cooked cubed Ham
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked, chopped Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk, warmed
- Melt and bring butter to a sizzle over medium high heat in a soup pot.
- Add the garlic, onions, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Lightly sauté' until the carrots start to soften.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the chicken broth a little bit at a time stirring well after each addition until all the broth has been added.
- Stir in the swiss cheese and Dijon mustard.
- Once the cheese is melted and blended in add the chicken and ham cubes.
- When the chicken and ham are heated through add the warmed milk.
- You can use leftover holiday ham for this recipe instead of ham cubes.
Keywords: chicken cordon bleu recipe, chicken soup