This chicken cordon bleu pasta bake has a little bit of everything in it to please even the pickiest eaters! Check out this delicious family friendly dish!
- 12 oz Bowtie Pasta
- 2 Cups cooked, chopped up Chicken
- 8 oz little Diced Ham
- 1/2 lb Bacon crisped and crumbled
- 8 0z. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup thinly sliced, Green Onions
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Warm Milk
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Cups shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and dump into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken and diced ham.
- Crisp and crumble the bacon. When the bacon is nearly done, add the sliced mushrooms and saute’ them slightly. Drain the excess bacon grease and add the bacon and mushrooms to the pasta.
- Add the green onions and mix all the ingredients to evenly distribute.
- In a medium pot on your stove top, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it’s melted, whisk in the flour making a paste.
- Add the chicken broth a little at a time while whisking until it’s all been added.
- Add the warm milk, garlic powder and salt.
- Add 2 Cups of the Italian cheese blend and whisk in to melt making a smooth cheese sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta mixture and mix well to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Pour the now cheesy pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining two cups of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving!
Keywords: Chicken cordon Bleu, pasta, casserole