- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a couple baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and brown sugar.
- Mix in the water, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and cocoa and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips. This cookie dough is a pretty moist and sticky dough.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets a couple inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. These cookies will appear slightly under cooked when they are done.
- Remove from your oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- You can substitute solid coconut oil for the shortening. You will need to add an additional 1/4 cup of flour if you do.
Keywords: chocolate brownie cookie, soft chocolate cookies, fudgy brownie cookies, chocolate chip brownie cookies