Who says you can't have cake for breakfast? These pancakes are to die for! Drizzled with cream cheese syrup they are every bit as good as carrot cake...maybe even better! With just a few simple ingredients you can enjoy these soft fluffy pancakes for breakfast or brunch!
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Steamed Pureed Carrots (SEE NOTE AT THE END)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Flour
- Preheat your griddle. I set mine between 275 and 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg, sugar, olive oil, buttermilk and pureed carrots together.
- Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and flour.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto your preheated griddle.
- Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Syrup.
- For the steamed pureed carrots you can do one of two things. Either puree 1 cup of sliced or diced steamed carrots in a food processor until smooth, adding enough water to make them "baby food" consistency. OR just use a 4 oz container of baby food carrots.
- The nutritional information does not include the syrup as amounts or kinds used my vary.
Keywords: carrot cake pancakes, carrot cake, carrot pancakes