This delicious Caribbean Chicken Salad is full of healthy ingredients for a light, quick and easy meal that satisfies and fills you up!
- 3–4 Cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 3–4 Cups Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Cups, cooked, chopped Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 8–10 Green Onions, sliced up
- 1 (15 oz) Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (8 oz) Cans of Pineapple Tidbits, drained OR 1 1/2 Cups Bite Sized pieces of fresh Pineapple
- 2 (3oz) Cans Rice Noodles aka Asian Style Crunchy Noodles
- 1 Cup Cashew halves and pieces
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Wash, chop, drain, and prepare all the ingredients.
- Toss the lettuces, chicken, cheese, beans, pineapple, green onions, rice noodles, and cashews together.
- In another bowl, or in a mason jar whisk the poppy seed dressing ingredient together.
- Either toss the desired amount of the poppy seed dressing (you may not need all the dressing) with the salad and serve immediately. OR serve the tossed salad and allow people to add the dressing themselves.
Keywords: chicken salad, lettuce salad, dinner salad