These caramel swirl cheesecake brownies are an easy dessert to whip up and a great one to share at a neighborhood barbecue this summer!
- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 package Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Flour
- 3/4 Cup Kraft Caramel Bits or 12 Kraft Caramels (unwrapped)
- 3 Tbs Whipping Cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the brownie base, beat the butter, peanut butter, and egg together until smooth. Pour in the brownie mix and mix until it forms a stiff dough. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- For the filling, cream the cream cheese, peanut butter, sour cream and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs. Add the flour. Mix well. Pour over the brownie base.
- Finally, the caramel sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the caramels with the whipping cream. Once melted. smooth and blended together. Pour across the top of the cheesecake layer in lines going one direction. Pull a butter knife throughout the caramel in figure 8 motions to swirl the caramel.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Keywords: Cheesecake, peanut butter cheesecake, Cheesecake brownies, brownies