Caramel krispy treats are unbelievably delicious. You won’t be able to just eat one. Their mouthwatering, caramel-y goodness is irresistible!
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 13 Cups Rice Krispies (one 13 oz box)
- Spread sheets of wax paper across a table or countertop. Lightly spray a 1/8 size measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Measure out the rice krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over the krispies and mix until all the krispies are well coated.
- Scoop out the caramel krispies by the 1/8 cup full, pressing the measuring cup against the inside of the bowl to pack them in a bit.
- Dump onto the wax paper. Allow to cool and set.
- Store these in layers between sheets of wax paper. Just cover the top lightly with saran wrap or just set the lid on the container without snapping it shut. Caramel krispies need a little bit of air flow or they with become sticky and soggy.
Name brand Rice Krispies are best. Off brands tend to become soggy.
Keywords: rice krispy treats, caramel, caramel popcorn