Caramel apple pie is not your average apple pie. It is better. You’ll be hooked after just one bite of it’s caramely goodness!
- Unbaked Pie Dough for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ Cup Butter (no subs)
- 3 Tbs . Flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 1/2 Cups Sliced Granny Smith or Gala Apples (about 4 or 5 apples)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your crusts. Line the bottom of the pie plate with the bottom crust. Have the top crust rolled out and ready to cover the pie. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the apples thinly. Dump into the prepared pie plate.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar, and water all at once. Whisk until smooth and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour slowly over the apples in the pie plate.
- Cover the pie with the top crust and make slits for steam to escape.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 and continue to bake for another 40 minutes.
- Cool pie on a cooling rack.
Adapted from: Grandma Ople Apple Pie
Keywords: Apple pie, thanksgiving, pie