Buttermilk oatmeal muffins are a filling way to start the day! These have a warm comforting flavor without being overly sweet.
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Quick Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- Pour the buttermilk over the quick oatmeal in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 1/2 hour before adding the remaining ingredients. Do not skip this step. During this time the oatmeal with absorb the buttermilk and soften. Preheat the oven to 350, line a muffin tin with liners and measure out the remaining ingredients and set aside while you wait.
- After the half hour, stir in the brown sugar. Mix well and break up any clumps of brown sugar.
- Stir in the egg and canola oil.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter amongst 12 muffin cups that have been lined with liners. The muffin cups with be quite full, but these muffins don't rise super high so they will be fine.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
Keywords: oatmeal muffins, muffins, quick bread