Quesadillas are the ultimate dinner idea! Whether it's the melted cheese, shredded chicken or the toppings like sour cream, guacamole, salsa or onions, there's something everybody loves about them! This recipe is super easy and the buffalo cream cheese flavor of the slow cooked chicken is absolutely amazing!
Buffalo Chicken Filling:
- 1 1/4 lbs. Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Water
- 1 Tbs. Cornstarch
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 (12 oz) packages of Street Taco Mini Flour Tortillas
- 1 (16 oz) bag of Fiesta or Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Olive Oil
- Guacamole (how much you need depends on how much you love it)
- Sour cream
- 1 Large Tomato Diced
- Place the chicken breasts in a 2 quart crock pot that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the buffalo wing sauce, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin and white pepper. Don't add the cornstarch, water, or cream cheese, yet.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken in the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it. Return to the crockpot.
- Whisk the water and cornstarch together. Pour over the shredded chicken. Stir.
- Cube the cream cheese and add to the chicken.
- Cook on high for another 30-45 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining buffalo sauce and mix until well combined.
- Preheat your griddle to between 250 and 300 degrees.
- Top a tortilla with an 1/8 cup of hot buffalo chicken filling.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Brush the tortilla with olive oil and place it oil side down on the preheated griddle. Brush oil on the tortilla that is now on top.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from griddle, quarter and serve with sour cream, guac, and tomatoes.
- Street Taco Tortillas are 4 inches in diameter.
- I love to make enough for leftovers! The best way to reheat these quesadillas is in an air fryer. I set mine to 360-ish degrees and heat them for 3-4 minutes. The air fryer re-crisps the outsides perfectly!
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas, Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas with Cream Cheese, Tasty Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas