Ditch the regular coleslaw and try a healthier make ahead alternative! Just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare these shredded Brussel sprouts that goes with pulled pork or on the side of your favorite barbecued meats!
- 6 Cups Thinly Sliced Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1 Large Honey Crisp Apple, Diced
- 1 Cup Salted and Roasted Sunflower Kernels
- One Bottle Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette
- Shred the brussel sprouts.
- Thinly slice and chop the red onion.
- Core and chop up the apple.
- Toss the shredded brussel sprouts, red onions, matchstick carrots, diced apple pieces and sunflower kernels together.
- Coat generously with the french vinaigrette. I used about half the bottle.
- Toss to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. This allows the flavors to absorb and blend. The vinaigrette will keep the apples from browning.
- Add more dressing and toss before serving.
- This salad can be made a full day ahead.
Keywords: brussel sprout slaw, shredded brussel sprout salad