Brown sugar crumb topped coffee cake is a moist, buttery breakfast cake with a perfectly sweet crumbly top! It's quick and easy, too!
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 8 Tbs. Butter (chilled)
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and egg. Add the salt and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the milk and sour cream until smooth.
- Beginning and ending with the flour add the milk/sour cream mixture in two additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish.
- Prepare the crumb topping by whisking together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cutting in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. I prefer to use my food processor to do this. The crumbs should be moist but not sticky. Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Keywords: Coffee cake, christmas, breakfast