Can you really have strawberry shortcake for breakfast? Absolutely!!! Try this breakfast strawberry shortcake! It’s a great way to start your day!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Butter, chilled
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- White Sugar for Sprinkling
Fruit and Whipped Cream
- 1 lb. Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbs. Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl or in a food processor, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the butter until well blended.
- Stir in the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Once the dough comes together dump it out on a lightly floured surface and pat it to a little more than 1/2 inch thick. This dough may be a little sticky. Lightly flouring your fingers may help. Cut out the biscuits with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and generously sprinkle the top of the cream with the sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. The bottom edges should be golden brown. Cool on a wire rack until almost completely cool. Prepare the strawberries and whipped cream.
- Slice the strawberries thinly. Set aside.
- Beat the 2 cups of heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully slice the cooled biscuits in half. Top the bottom half with sliced strawberries followed by a dollop of whipped cream. Top with the top of the biscuit. Top with additional strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe calls for a total of 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream. I have divided it up throughout the recipe according to the amounts you use as you go.
Keywords: Strawberry Shortcake