Don't settle for bisquick type mixes. Make these traditional shortcakes from scratch with everyday ingredients! This easy recipe will be one you'll use again and again!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Butter, chilled
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- White Sugar for Sprinkling
Fruit and Whipped Cream
- 1 lb. Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbs. Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl or in a food processor, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter until well blended and crumbly.
- Stir in the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix just until the dough comes together.
- Dump it out on a lightly floured surface and pat it to a little less than an inch thick.
- This dough may be a little sticky. Lightly flouring your fingers will help.
- Cut out the biscuits with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and generously sprinkle the top of the cream with the sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. The bottom edges should be golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Slice the strawberries thinly. Set aside.
- Beat the 2 cups of heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully slice the cooled biscuits in half.
- Top the bottom half with sliced strawberries followed by a dollop of whipped cream.
- Top with the top of the biscuit. Top with additional strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe calls for a total of 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream. I have divided it up throughout the recipe according to the amounts you use as you go.
- When cutting out the shortcake biscuits press the cutter straight down without twisting to avoid sealing the edges shut.
Keywords: Easy Strawberry Shortcake, easy shortcake recipe, strawberry shortcake from scratch