There are so many uses for this syrup! Only 6 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes! It can also easily be adjusted from a syrup to a sauce! Whether you want to drizzle it on your ice cream or over a stack of pancakes this corn syrup free recipe is honestly the best!
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs. Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- In a pot over medium heat bring the butter, brown sugar, water and salt to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes while stirring here and there.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the evaporated milk and vanilla.
- The caramel syrup will hiss and spit quite a bit at first.
- Serve hot or cool and use.
- Store in a syrup jar or mason jar in the fridge.
- For a thick caramel sauce substitute heavy cream for the evaporated milk.
- This caramel syrup can be reheated in the microwave and is good for 3-4 weeks in the fridge.
Keywords: caramel syrup, caramel sauce, caramel sauce without corn syrup