These made from scratch Sweet Berry Crepes are made with a regular frying pan! No crepe pan needed! Not to mention they are amazingly delicious!
Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Cold Milk
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 (4 serving size) pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 of an 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Tbs. Flour
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. Pure Vanilla
1 lb. Fresh Strawberries or Raspberries
1 Tbs. Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbs. Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Flour
Other Things to have on hand:
Vegetable, Canola, or Olive Oil
A plate with damp paper towels lining the bottom and damp paper towels to cover the top of the crepe pile while you cook them.
- Start by preparing the vanilla cream cheese filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and slowly beat in the milk. Beat in the powdered sugar and pudding mix. Beat until thickened and fold in half of the container of cool whip. Set aside.
- Slice up the strawberries and put them in a small saucepan. If you are using raspberries just put them right in the saucepan. Place the saucepan on the stovetop over low heat. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of sugar. Stir the berries here and there as they heat.
- While the berries heat, make the vanilla sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and flour together. Over medium heat, bring the half and half and sugar to a simmer. Slowly pour the hot half and half into the egg yolks while whisking vigorously. Once it has all been added pour the entire mixture back into the pot and cook over medium heat while whisking until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla and set aside.
- Now for the crepes. Put all the crepe batter ingredients into a blender and blend them until smooth. If you have a crepe pan then prepare the crepes according to the crepe pan instructions. If not, that’s Ok. I personally use my 10 inch frying pan.
- Line a plate with two layers of damp paper towels. You will keep the crepes between the damp paper towels as you cook them to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat the frying pan over medium to medium low heat on the stovetop. Wipe the bottom of the hot pan generously with veg. oil, canola oil or olive oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, quickly pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the hot pan. Quickly tip the pan side to side in a circular motion to spread the batter onto in a thin layer across the pan. Once the batter is spread cook the crepe until the edges begin to brown and curl.
- Carefully slip a large spatula under the crepe and flip it over. This side will only take about 10 seconds to cook. (BTW my first crepe always turns out a little ugly. Sometimes it takes making a couple to get into a rhythm)
- Remove the cooked crepe and place it on a plate that has been lined with a damp paper towel. Put the other layer of damp paper towels over the top of the crepe. This will keep the crepes from drying out. You don’t need damp paper towels in between each crepe. Just one under the bottom of the stack and one to cover the top of the crepe stack.
- Re-oil the pan before each crepe. Repeat the process until all the crepes have been cooked.
- Roll up some vanilla cream cheese filling and a generous helping of warm berries to each crepe. Top the rolled up crepes with vanilla sauce and cool whip from the remaining half of the container.
Keywords: crepes, breakfast, easter