Jello salads may be considered old fashioned but you can't beat a creamy strawberry or raspberry jello salad at a potluck or barbecue! A fluffy side with fresh berries and whipped cream is always a crowd pleaser!
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. Strawberry or Raspberry Jello
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups Water
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Strawberries (or 2 cups Raspberries) (*see note at end)
- Combine the jello and pudding mixes in a pot with the water.
- Whisk together and bring to a boil over med-high heat. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate until cool (about an hour).
- To speed the cooling you can place the bowl over a container of ice.
- Dump the now chilled jello into a mixing bowl and beat until it is smooth and there are not any lumps.
- Beat in the cool whip.
- Fold in the berries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Strawberries or raspberries may be fresh or frozen. If using frozen berries thaw and drain before using.
- 2 Cups Fresh Whipped Cream may be substituted for the cool whip.
- Do not substitute instant pudding for the cook and serve pudding mix.
Keywords: strawberry jello salad, raspberry jello salad, jello salad